Saturday, October 1, 2011

Back to normal:-)


What a difference a year can make. I finally feel like I have my life back:-) Take a look at the September 14, 2010 post (just type in empty in the search box and it will come up) when the greenhouse was completely empty and the one from June 2011, after I had just finished planting my seeds. The greenhouse is now basically full again - I had vowed never to do that again, but just couldn't resist. After all, it costs the same to heat and fertilize no matter how many plants are in there. I'll probably regret it in the spring, when I pull out all of the seedlings for outside testing. Note the size of the seedlings! A number have already sent up baby scapes (in just 3-1/2 months), so hopefully I will get terrific bloom next spring. I normally plant the seeds in early August and am lucky if I see 35-50% bloom. The rest of the plants are the 2012 intros and most of the ones for 2013, including almost all of the gift plants for national. Will soon be posting pics of the new intros, and then over the winter, the best things I saw this past summer.

2 comments:

  1. Karol, It looks WONDERFUL!!Will be looking foreward to photos of your intros & the Best of your summer. Glad you are Back!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plants look great for only 3.5 months of growth! Looking forward to seeing your pics when they are posted

    md

    ReplyDelete