Merry Christmas, everyone:-) The gospel from beginning to end using my flowers for 2016. Sorry about the size - I was just thrilled I could figure out how to do it at all - started with Word and converted to pdf and then to powerpoint and then to jpeg
Monday, April 20, 2015
I first saw seedling 2014 last year in the GH and made a bunch of seeds from it. Kids from it that I have seen this week are below. 2014 has hardy parents, so hopefully some of these will translate outside. Small pictures are the pod and pollen parents.
Two kids from the same pod.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Some new ones this week. I especially like the first one since it is what I was hoping to get when I made the cross - the echo pattern on a better color and stronger plant. Top left is pod parent. Bottom left is pollen. 10112 is hardy and includes Cosmic Struggle. 20110 is hardy but budcount challenged and includes Entwined in the Vine, All Things to All Men and a couple of seedlings.
Monday, April 13, 2015
Saturday, April 11, 2015
There sure is a lot going on in 13914! Look down in the throat to see even more patterning. I saw it for the first time last May in the greenhouse, and decided to keep it another year for breeding. Looking ever so much better this year on a tall scape. Will go outside to begin its testing in June/July.
On cool nights, 12510 looks like this:
Thursday, April 9, 2015
I saw the first new seedling in the greenhouse this year on Easter morning:-) Top left picture is pod parent and bottom is pollen parent (I used powerpoint with the slides then converted to jpegs to be able to do this in the blog and on facebook - you can click on the picture to make it larger). About 97% of the seedlings will be sent outside in June - I will keep a few special ones inside another year to breed with.